Editorial features, product trends, and industry news are the core of Bravo Business Media’s published trade magazines. As the Trend Editor it is your job to ensure topical, engaging and accurate reporting of assigned/created content.
As the Trends Editor with Bravo Business Media you will support the businesses’ publishing activities using the company’s established systems and create new processes to improve efficiencies. You will do so by collaborating with the Editorial, Sales, and Production teams while developing a deeper industry connection with our products and services.
The position of Trend Editor is an editorial-focused role, with administrative duties to perform duties. For instance, you will be responsible for industry outreach via email, phone, or in-person meetings to ensure timely submissions of products to be published within our magazines. In some cases, you may oversee freelance writers to make sure that they’ll be able to submit the commissioned articles on time. You will also be assigned to write articles and proofread commissioned articles before submitting them for publishing.
The job has been created to accommodate a work-at-home structure, although occasional networking, travel to industry events, and planned meetings at Bravo Business Media’s offices in Plymouth Meeting, PA are an important part of the job.
No Buzzwords Here….You Must Have These 12 Competences To Be Successful With Us:
- Track record for high achievement and passion for on-time delivery of tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong interest in publishing and processes, with previous successful experience
- Knowledge of print and digital media
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- The determination to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Naturally curious and passionate
- The technical aptitude to improve systems
- A keenly developed business acumen
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with objections
- A fanatical attention to detail
Core Job Functions:
- Produce monthly product roundups based on established media plan, including coordinating submissions from industry stakeholders. Edit and/or proofread copy submissions for publication, making stylistic, structural and grammatical corrections, as well as other substantive changes as needed.
- Edit and/or proofread news releases and other forms of copy.
- Keyboard and proofread materials prior to publication using a variety of computer software, or directs others in same.
- Organize product submission details, such as imagery and copy, for editorial publication in various print and online.
- Research, compile, and edit content for in-house features and standalone franchise issues.
- Identify editorial opportunities for product submissions and coordinate with sales, marketing, and editorial teams to solicit submissions.
- Perform layout work of a detailed and complex nature, coordinate multiple production schedules and maintains printing deadlines for same.
- Assist with compilation and proofreading of indexes and tables of contents.
- Research and request permission for reproduction of material to be published.
- Maintain contact with contributors, authors, and others directly concerned with the published work, following through on specified requests and tasks.
- Publish stories and images to online platforms in a timely manner.
- Travel and attend select industry events, networking and representing Bravo Business Media on social media and reporting for future stories.
- Produce video content supporting assigned stories for publication on the company’s website(s), social media, and/or digital marketing.
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org