Print Publication Artist / Graphic Designer
Extraordinary opportunity for a creative professional with strong print and digital technical skills and expertise.
Come join our ever-growing team at Bravo Business Media. This role is designed for an up-and-coming professional who wants to grow with a great team and provide high quality graphic arts design for print and digital mediums. Bravo Business Media is uniquely positioned to grow in niche markets serving independent plumbing, lighting, and specialty product showrooms and manufacturers with industry-specific software and marketing solutions. As such, we’re seeking tech-savvy graphic arts designer professionals with exceptional experience.
The Print Publication Artist / Graphic Designer is responsible for successfully delivering publications—both print and digital editions—on behalf of the company. This is an on-site position at our Plymouth Meeting, PA offices. The designer can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs, and is responsible for brainstorming, conceptualizing, and delivering projects while handling multiple projects or publications at the same time with guidance.
Layout design and production for 200+ page catalogs, magazines, and other print collateral using InDesign
- Importing content from Word and/or Excel and applying into InDesign templates
- Resizing, formatting, color correcting photos in PhotoShop
- Creating and formatting charts and graphs in InDesign template
- Preparing final materials for pre-flight and print-ready files
- 3 years of experience in magazine design and production preferred
- Work in a fast-paced environment that empowers critical thinking and collaboration with other team members.
- Experience in a start-up or high-growth organization is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize projects and issues
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can handle growing workload
- Must possess strong computer software skills
- Strong work ethic with ability to maintain positive, productive working relationships
No Buzzwords Here….You Must Have These Competences To Be Successful With Us:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Layout, design, and production of multiple publications (magazines, catalogs, newsletters, books, manuals), both print and digital. This may include page layout, proofing pages, developing and executing concepts for both features and covers, retouching images, illustration, and pre-press.
- Generate lively, inspired visual solutions for digital and print design within existing brand guidelines.
- Work with existing graphics/branding elements to, at times, create banners and imagery for web, print advertisements, signage, and various other projects.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with other designers, editors, marketing experts, and web designers, ensuring all work produced is up to the highest standards.
- Work across all social channels to align visual consistency and drive innovation, when needed.
- Meet aggressive deadlines.
- Provide accurate time estimates for projects.
- File management: maintain digital files for identification and retrieval later. Archiving of projects and visual elements to appropriate areas of the servers.
- Participate as part of the department, attend meetings, and support initiatives. Actively troubleshoot obstacles (software, technical, process, etc.) and partner with management for quick resolution.
- Design/production experience in a high-volume creative environment with catalogs or magazines.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) as well as Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Desired but not mandatory: working experience with Adobe InCopy.
- Knowldege of typography and proper typesetting conventions.
- Well-rounded design experience for all key digital outlets – including web, print, social media, and email.
- Knowledge of print production process.
- Sharp eye for quality and consistency.
- Proactive mindset.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with a great attention to detail.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and meet tight deadlines.
- Adaptable, reflecting the rapidly changing business and marketing environment, willing and able to learn new skills.
- Team oriented and able to freely interact as needed with the rest of the team to fluidly deliver excellent outcomes using creative mediums.
This is not meant to be all-inclusive as other duties may be assigned.
So here are just some additional semi-boring things we’ll bring to the table just for you!
- Cool work environment. Coworkers are genuinely fun to be around.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) and benefits package.
- Medical / Dental Insurance.
- Life / Disability Insurance.
- Casual dress code.
- Coworkers who will laugh at your jokes. Even if they’re just being polite, sometimes.
Send your demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.