As the Editorial Assistant with Bravo Business Media you will support the businesses’ publishing activities using the company’s established systems and create new processes to improve efficiencies. You will do so by assisting the Editorial, Sales, and Production teams while developing a deeper industry connection with our products and services.
The position of Editorial Assistant is both an editorial and an administrative position. For instance, you will oversee freelance writers to make sure that they’ll be able to submit the commissioned articles on time. Occasionally, you’ll also be asked to write articles and proofread on commissioned articles before submitting them to the editor.
The job is largely office-based in Plymouth Meeting, PA, with occasional travel to industry trade shows. Although it’s essentially a nine-to-five job, overtime work isn’t uncommon; in fact, it’s essentially the norm, especially around deadlines and work for as long as it takes to get the job done.
No Buzzwords Here….You Must Have These 12 Competences To Be Successful With Us:
1. Track record for high achievement and passion for on-time delivery of tasks
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
3. A strong interest in publishing and processes, with previous successful experience
4. Knowledge of print and digital media
5. The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
6. The determination to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
7. Naturally curious and passionate
8. The technical aptitude to improve systems
9. A keenly developed business acumen
10. A highly self-driven sense of motivation
11. The ability to deal with objections
12. A fanatical attention to detail
Core Job Functions:
• Edit and/or proofread news releases and other forms of copy for publication, making stylistic, structural and grammatical corrections, as well as other substantive changes as needed.
• Keyboard and proofread materials prior to publication using a variety of computer software, or directs others in same.
• Organize product submission details, such as imagery and copy, for editorial publication in various print and online.
• Research, compile, and edit content for in-house features and standalone franchise issues.
• Identify editorial opportunities for product submissions and coordinate with sales, marketing, and editorial teams to solicit submissions.
• Perform layout work of a detailed and complex nature, coordinate multiple production schedules and maintains printing deadlines for same.
• Assist with compilation and proofreading of indexes and tables of contents.
• Research and request permission for reproduction of material to be published.
• Maintain contact with contributors, authors, and others directly concerned with the published work, following through on specified requests and tasks.
• Publish stories and images to online platforms in a timely manner.
Job Type: Full-time