The main responsibility for this position will be to design, develop and deploy user-centric software and front-end elements of the company’s proprietary product sales and selection catalog software. You are a strong designer, but also a developer as and your job is to improve both the website experience for visitors to our site each and every day, and the digital experience of our existing customer base—you are responsible for the development and improvement of interactions between our users and all of our digital touchpoints.
As the User Experience Developer (UX), you should understand the big picture; designing the organizational structure behind a website and ensuring that the interactive components of our site are achieved. You must be a skilled programmer, creative, and on top of the latest industry and technology trends. You should be goal-driven and not task-oriented.
- Execute production-ready development of all UI initiatives
- Collaborate closely with design team to implement custom, front-end user interfaces with stunning but intuitive, user-friendly experiences in an agile environment
- Enhance overall experience, satisfaction, and loyalty by improving the usability, ease of use, and experience provided in the interaction between user and digital touchpoint
- Conduct UX planning on all UX initiatives
- Develop wireframes and user interaction models and flows and set measurements for success evaluation
- Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with key stakeholders and leadership
- Conduct usability testing
- Analyze user feedback and activity, iterating to improve functionality for a better user experience
- Work with analytics team to assess the impact of all UI design and usability changes
- Support the sales, marketing, success, and development teams to make sure features are implemented as intended
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (ie. responsiveness)
Skills and capabilities:
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Java; must be able to write production-ready code
- Expertise with designing and conducting usability testing
- Expertise with user experience techniques such as journey mapping, storyboarding, and personas
- Expert knowledge of responsive design and mobile infrastructure
- Must possess strong creative, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills, understanding work and task flow prioritization is a must
- Deadline-driven and capable of working on multiple projects at a time
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Adept at brainstorming with a foundation in self-directed research execution
- Thorough with an acute attention to detail
- Flexibility in incorporating feedback and ideas
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, high stress design process under minimal supervision
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, with the ability to present work to external clients
- Ability to innovate and develop out-of-the-box solutions to complex user interaction problems
- 100% Hands On
So here are just some additional semi-boring things we’ll bring to the table just for you!
- Cool work environment. Coworkers are genuinely fun to be around.
- 401(k) and benefit package.
- Medical & Dental Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Casual dress code.
- Coworkers who will laugh at your jokes. Even if they’re just being polite, sometimes.