Technical Project Manager
Bravo Business Media has an extraordinary opportunity for a Technical Project Manager (TPM), responsible for managing agile projects, typically to deliver B2B and B2C commerce and content solutions from development life cycle to production for clients via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled team. The TPM will be adept at delivering projects, breaking down barriers for virtual team, and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
The Technical Project Manager will create clear and attainable project objectives, executing against project and sprint plans, proactively mitigating risks, obtaining project resources from cross-functional teams to form virtual team, and managing time and scope of a project. The TPM will plan, remove roadblocks, lead communication among internal cross-functional teams and client stakeholders.
The main roles & responsibilities:
- Define effective project plans for managing implementation by liaising between clients and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project on time
- Utilize project management tools and methodologies to deliver approved project outcomes, accurately and regularly maintain project logs and registers, report accordingly, and support project stages
- Deliver projects using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning and iterating frequently
- Manage resource allocation/utilization across different projects. Manage scope creep.
- Act as a liaison between Development, Sales, and Support Teams, and clients to address any issues
- Maintain client roadmap and delivery schedule.
- Address client issues within the defined SLA – Report all matters of significance affecting project objectives and deliverables to the project governance or senior management in a timely manner
- Define and update the planning and documentation of all key project aspects including risk management, sprint, implementation, and testing plans
- Drive continuous, provable improvements and efficiencies based on data – Lead and motivate multi-disciplinary teams, having the knowledge and experience to provide support and guidance – Ensure teams work effectively by having a productive working environment
- Work with Divisional Heads and team to establish a delivery rhythm, ensure common priorities, manage dependencies, and remove blockers
- Actively participate in the project manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice
Qualification, Experience & Skill Set Required:
- Substantial experience in project management, ideally with significant exposure to solution development and delivery in product or services vertical, especially in B2B and/or B2C distribution segment, demonstrated by at least 10 +Years of Total Experience with 4+ years relevant project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or formal qualification in project management or a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Strong results oriented and a proven track record of delivery projects on time, on budget and to required quality standards – Proven ability to work as a team player within multi-functional and multi-disciplinary teams, sharing knowledge, contributing proactively to achieving project goals and providing coaching and guidance to less experienced team members
- Proven experience using agile and lean project management methodologies to deliver projects
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Proven experience in managing cross-dependencies and prioritization
- Proven experience of driving continuous, provable improvements and efficiencies
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work on and track multiple projects
- Hands on experience in people management
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills – Ability to make right decisions based on strong analytical reasoning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build positive relationships with other team members
- Strong skills in Microsoft products including Outlook, Excel, MS Project and Word desirable
- Understanding of a wide range of project management methodologies and how to integrate them into different environments
- Practitioner in at least one recognized Project Management methodology (e.g.: PMP / PRINCE2). Exposure to issue management (e.g.: JIRA) and customer relationship management (e.g.: Salesforce) tools
- In addition to the specialist skills listed above successful candidates will need to demonstrate broad competencies as below:
- Map and manage stakeholders to ensure good relations and effective communication, Support project SDLC and post-production activities
- Utilize effective communication skills to contribute to effective and positive relationships between internal cross-functional teams, team members, customers, and senior management
- Interpersonal Skills: Need to be professional along with adhering to the core values, provide acknowledgement by maintaining work confidentially on client material, cooperate to deliver exceptional work examples, and build lasting relationships that helps produce effective results.
- Communication: Communicates messages/issues clearly and credibly. Combine information from various sources in a consistent & concise manner. Involve actively in listening to the feedback from the coworkers, while remaining assertive when presenting his/her ideas.
- Planning & Prioritizing: Supports the team in the balance of urgent and strategic activities. Considers the short, medium, and long-term while attending to a broad range of activities. Is capable to efficiently use of time of self and others.
- Teamwork: Strongly demonstrates qualities of teamwork like: have clarity on role of each member, have a common goal, for all being brought together while also being dependent on each other. Has a structure on what is to be done that is effective and productive.
- Client Focus: Explores and addresses long-term client needs. Takes novel initiates and assists with handling priority issues related to client issues. Provides constructive feedback to the client about issues encountered.
- Analytical & Decision-Making Skills: Seeks a wide range of sources of information to make appropriate decisions. Develops conceptual frameworks that guide analysis. Draws sound conclusions based on mixture of analysis and experience.
- Leadership: Accommodates people with opposing viewpoints to express their concerns. Sensitively and fairly resolves conflict among team members. Recognizes individual contribution at the right time. Provides directions with minimal support of seniors.
- Continuous Learning: Designs personal learning objectives based on evolving needs of the project/work related. Integrates and adapts the new learning to the present work resulting of effective and efficient outcome.