Sales & Marketing Executive – B2B Sales & Marketing Leadership
Extraordinary opportunity for an aggressive, results-oriented Sales and Marketing Executive with advertising, marketing, and technology services expertise. Come join our ever-growing team at Bravo Business Media. This role is designed for a seasoned sales and marketing management professional.
Bravo Business Media is uniquely positioned in a niche market space for continued growth and providing customer success. As such, we’re seeking a savvy sales and marketing executive to lead the company’s business development with exceptional experience in various aspects of business-to-business sales and marketing.
No Buzzwords Here….You Must Have These 12 Competencies To Be Successful With Us:
- A track record for high achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales leadership skills, with the ability to balance day-to-day sales activities while growing a team concurrently
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- The determination to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Naturally curious and passionate
- The technical aptitude to master our sales tools, products, and service offerings
- Familiarity and comfort with social/business marketing platforms
- A keenly developed competitive nature
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with objections
- A fanatical attention to detail
The Sales & Marketing Executive provides leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to all Bravo Business Media’s sales and marketing functions. As the organization’s senior-most sales leader, the Sales and Marketing Executive is accountable for overall sales and marketing performance, the profitable achievement of organization goals, and for aligning sales and marketing objectives with firm business strategy, reporting to the President/CEO.
- Aligns Bravo Business Media’s sales and marketing objectives with firm business strategy through active participation in strategic planning, sales and marketing strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Accountable for effective sales organization design, including sales job roles, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
- Accountable for effective marketing organization design, including marketing job roles, agency management. campaign design, and marketing resource deployment.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives.
- Leads learning and development initiatives impacting sales and marketing and provides stewardship of sales and marketing talent. Through active, productive partnerships with Operations and Development functions, the Sales and Marketing Executive establishes learning and development objectives essential to Bravo Business Media’s success, oversees the effective delivery of training and development programs, actively assesses the value of training and development investments, and monitors learning and development outcomes to ensure high ROI.
- Establishes and governs Bravo Business Media’s sales and marketing performance management systems. This includes establishing guiding sales and marketing organizational principles for managing performance, establishing and prioritizing critical performance measures for all sales and marketing jobs; overseeing the equitable allocation of organization objectives across all channels, markets, and personnel; and ensuring all key sales and marketing associates are held accountable for assigned results.
- Provides leadership to the sales and marketing team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Accountable for the sales and marketing support budget. Proactively assesses existing support investments, including those in technology, training, and administrative support. Ensures support investments yield productivity benefits consistent with established objectives.
- Works closely with President/CEO, Accounting, and Development leadership to ensure technology initiatives are implemented consistent with firm technology strategy.
- Leads sales and marketing teams’ change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
- Establishes and maintains productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers and prospects.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Achieves assigned organizational objectives for sales, profits, volume, product mix, and other strategic goals.
- Supports the achievement of strategic objectives critical to other functional areas within the company.
- Reports to the President/CEO
- Peer colleague to other senior-most functional leaders
- Direct report staff includes Advertising Sales Managers, SAAS Sales Associates and Account Executives, Sales Operations staff, Marketing personnel..
- Provides indirect leadership to core sales support functions including Customer Success Managers, Technology Development, Finance & Human Resources.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Master’s in business administration or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of five years of sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment.