Extraordinary opportunity for an aggressive, results-oriented Sales Executive with advertising, marketing, and technology services expertise. Come join our ever-growing team at Bravo Business Media. This role is designed for a seasoned sales management professional.
Bravo Business Media is uniquely positioned in a niche market space for continued growth and providing customer success. As such, we’re seeking a savvy sales executive to lead the company’s business development and sales organization with exceptional experience in various aspects of business-to-business sales and marketing.
No Buzzwords Here….You Must Have These 12 Competencies To Be Successful With Us:
- A track record for high achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales leadership skills, with the ability to balance day-to-day sales activities while growing a team concurrently
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- The determination to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Naturally curious and passionate
- The technical aptitude to master our sales tools
- Familiarity and comfort with social/business marketing platforms
- A keenly developed competitive nature
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with objections
- A fanatical attention to detail
The Sales Executive provides leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to all Bravo Business Media’s sales functions. As the organization’s senior-most sales leader, the Sales Executive is accountable for overall sales organization performance, the profitable achievement of sales organization goals, and for aligning sales objectives with firm business strategy, reporting to the President/CEO.
- Aligns Bravo Business Media’s sales objectives with firm business strategy through active participation in strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Accountable for effective sales organization design, including sales job roles, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives.
- Leads learning and development initiatives impacting the sales and provides stewardship of sales and sales management talent. Through active, productive partnerships with Operations and Development functions, the Sales Executive establishes learning and development objectives essential to Bravo Business Media’s success, oversees the effective delivery of training and development programs, actively assesses the value of training and development investments, and monitors learning and development outcomes to ensure high ROI.
- Establishes and governs Bravo Business Media’s sales performance management system. This includes establishing guiding sales organizational principles for managing performance, establishing and prioritizing critical performance measures for all sales jobs; overseeing the equitable allocation of organization objectives across all sales channels, markets, and personnel; and ensuring all key sales and sales management associates are held accountable for assigned results.
- Provides leadership to the sales team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Accountable for the sales support budget. Proactively assesses existing sales support investments, including those in technology, training, and administrative support. Ensures support investments yield productivity benefits consistent with established objectives.
- Works closely with President/CEO, Accounting, and Development leadership to ensure technology initiatives are implemented consistent with firm technology strategy.
- Leads sales team’s change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
- Establishes and maintains productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers and prospects.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Achieves assigned organizational objectives for sales, profits, volume, product mix, and other strategic goals.
- Supports the achievement of strategic objectives critical to other functional areas within the company.
- Reports to the President/CEO
- Peer colleague to other senior-most functional leaders
- Direct report staff includes Advertising Sales Director, SAAS Sales Associates, and Sales Operations.
- Provides indirect leadership to core sales support functions including Marketing, Support staff, Technology Development, Finance & Human Resources.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Master’s in business administration or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of five years of sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment.